Personal information collected.
Sara Eden collects, stores and processes personal data given by its clients, past clients and potential clients.
- Contact information – Name, address, email, phone and mobile.
- Gender, age, height, marital status, children etc.
- Nationality, ethnicity, religion.
- Work and relationship history.
- Preferences, interests and matching requirements.
- Any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We may also use the health, political and religious data that you give us with your permission in the matching process.
You may request the deletion of your personal data at any time by contacting us.
Use of this information
We require this information in order to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Provide you with the dating/matchmaking service and to fulfil the contract between yourself and Sara Eden.
- Internal record keeping
- We may use this information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers and other information we think you may find interesting or useful using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- With regard to employees, for reasons of statutory data retention in terms of your employment records as required by law.
How long your personal date will be kept
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are actively in communication with Sara Eden. Thereafter, we may keep your information for up to 10 years, in order to respond to queries or complaints or for any legal reasons.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we put in place certain and suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line. The Sara Eden offices are kept locked when unoccupied and hard copy documents are stored in locked cabinets.
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If agreed the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application is able to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, we do not then have any control over that other site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement relevant to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless you have permitted us to do so or we are required by law to do so. We use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find of interest.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation. A small fee is payable. If you wish to receive a copy of the information we hold on you please email Debbie Webb our Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any of the information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at email@example.com.We will then promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You also have the right to the erasure of your personal details. If you wish to have your details erased from our systems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 1231113
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.