Dr Gary Chapman first talked about the “Five Love Languages” over thirty years ago when he described how each of us like to give and receive love in different ways. Learning how your partner likes to receive love could make your festive present-buying so much easier!
- Touch – does your partner like to hold hands, and give and receive hugs? They might appreciate a massage, a soft luxurious bathrobe or some delicious smelling body cream – even better if you can apply it for them!
- Words of Affirmation – does your partner appreciate compliments and love letters? Do they always say lovely things about you? Perhaps you could print and frame the words from your favourite song, or find them the perfect card.
- Quality Time – does your partner just love spending time with you? Why not book some time off and have some lovely adventures together?
- Acts of Service – does your partner always find time to help you with tasks? Can you find a way to help them out – maybe arrange for a gardener to visit, or book a private chef to cook for them?
- Gifts – does your partner like to shower you with gifts? When you think of their interests and hobbies, what do you think they might like? Something that says, “I saw this… and I thought of you.”
This Christmas, whether you find yourself embarking on a new relationship or in a long-term relationship, understanding the “Five Love Languages” can really make this a Christmas to remember!