It can be daunting when you start dating again, perhaps after the breakup of a marriage or the sad loss of a partner. It may also be many years since you were on the dating scene and things have changed since your younger dating days.
For over 30 years Sara Eden have been helping people find love and happiness and we would like to share our top 7 later life dating tips with you.
- Check where you will be going on your date so you can dress appropriately and wear something you feel comfortable in.
- Be yourself – you may be nervous but don’t try to be something you’re not (that’s especially for you chaps.)
- Relax and have fun it’s only a date and if you are meeting through Sara Eden you know you will have seen recent photographs of each other, you will have things in common and share similar goals for the future.
- Talk about your past – everyone has one and encourage your date to talk about theirs. A word of warning though, know when to stop – just a brief synopsis will do. A taster of your life not the full blown story, it’s only the first date should this lead to another date you can share more then.
- Talk about your interests and hobbies, your date may have some different hobbies to you but it might be fun finding out about them. Who knows you may even decide to take up some new hobbies!
- Remember to listen to your date and show an interest in what they are saying. Be attentive.
- Don’t play games – if you like your date and are having a good time then say so.